This past Saturday, the King and I went to a Xmas Party held by one of my friends. It was held at the Golden Gate Racetrack across the Bay. We were seated in the Turf Club which is enclosed with an all you could eat Prime Rib dinner. It was a rainy day so being inside was very nice. It has been at least 20 years since I went to any races and the King had never been. We basically bet on the horses based on the names I liked, or wearing red. That didn't work so well so I had the King pick a horse each race, I would pick one and then we would pick one the experts were picking. The King actually picked about three winners, a couple that were long shots. The friend of mine that had invited us also was sponsoring a race. We got to go down to the Winners Circle and take our picture with the winner of the 4th race. We had a great time and may have to do this more often now that the King is a pro.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always bet on the gray horses and double if the silks were purple.
Post a Comment