Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Sonoma Wineries

This past weekend we went up to the town of Sonoma to visit a few wineries. I had mainly gone to get a Christmas present for my afternoon receptionist who sells all of the kids candy and cookies for their school and she makes me salsa all the time. She likes a particular wine that can only be purchased at the winery. The winery is Sebastiani in Sonoma. The King and I as well as Crysta went up on Sunday. We bought the wine for Mercedes and tried some other things that were pretty good as well. I then called a buddy of mine Marshall who I work with on other projects. He does promotional work for a bunch of companies, including some of the wineries. We met him at a winery called Jacuzzi. Yes, it's one and the same. When the family came over from Italy and started a winery they developed pumps to get the water into the fields. Later, they used the same technology to develop the aforementioned Jacuzzi, plus they also invented the propeller. While there we enjoyed some very good wines, also since Marshall does a lot of work for them he gets the vendor discount which is 50% off. It's good to have friends like that. I bought a bunch of really good wines for half price. We then went to another one called Cline Cellars and again enjoyed the discount. The girls had never met Marshall, but hear me talk about him all the time. He is very crazy and we get along just great. By the time we left him to go shopping Crysta had us all in a group hug. I look forward to going back to these places in the spring when it is much warmer and greener. It was foggy and in the 40's that day.

No comments: