We were pretty busy this past weekend here in West Coast Peavine. On Saturday it was the King's 25th Birthday. Elijah was taking his SAT's that morning while I watched the OU game. When he was finished we picked him up and we all went for lunch at a new Vietnamese place. Later that evening, we took the kids to a group dinner they were having. I then took the King for an abalone dinner. Then on Sunday it was once again time for the San Francisco International Dragon Boat Festival. A lot of pressure in our house this year because of it. Elijah was named captain of the "A" Team boat, which I must say he did rather well. I think he was less than thrilled about their chances this year, after losing the race last year and graduating most of their team. This year Crysta and him are on the same team which makes it easier when you are rooting for one. We arrived at Treasure Island at 6:30 am to start our day of racing. The Gold Team (Elijah's & Crysta's) won their two preliminary races for the seeding which put them in the top class final. Before the finals the respective girls and boys teams raced. The girls team was defending champions and won again in a very impressive manner. Next was the boys who finished 3rd in last year's race. They finished 2nd this year by less than a second. Then it was time for the Grand Champion Race. They were facing their arch enemies Lowell High plus the team that won it last year CYC. It was a great race and very close, but I have to tell you that Elijah can stop worrying. Once again they are the Grand Champions! Crysta said she put a hole in the drum from beating it so hard in the Final. I don't think the King or I have yelled that much in a while. Truman was there to see his first race and brought the King's parents. I'm pretty sure Elijah and Crysta slept pretty good last night.
Monday, October 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job Captain and Drummer.
Post a Comment