Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Greetings from Icy West Coast Peavine

Well I know it doesn't compare to what those of you in East Peavine are experiencing, but for out here it's a bit nippy. We have had temps in the 20's in the evening which is pretty cold for out here. I hear that the citrus crops were basically wiped out so prepare to pay for your fruit. I have actually had ice on my windshield a few mornings and had to wait for them to thaw because I don't think anyone has an ice scraper out here. Aside from just trying to stay warm inside and outside we have not done a whole lot. The King and I took all of the kids the other night to see Golden State and Miami play in basketball. It was a pretty good game even though Golden State lost. We are going to see them play the Lakers in a few weeks which should be fun. Some will have more problems at that game without mentioning any names. I did actually take one of my days off yesterday. Everyone else in the house were off so they decided I should as well. We ended up going downtown for lunch at one of our favorite little dives for Vietnamese food, Tu Lan's. We then went to the new Bloomingdales that they built on Market street. It is a brand new shopping center that is anchored by a Bloomingdales. We are still awaiting to hear what tours will be offered in the summer for China before we make any official plans. We did look at several books at a Borders yesterday to try and get ideas of places to see in the areas we want to go to. As soon as we find out something Kev we will let you know. Maybe you could join us on the tour if we go to Xian and Guilin. Hope you all are staying warm and safe in the weather that you are having out there. Later!

No comments: