Monday, January 30, 2006
Year of the Dog
Well the Year of the Dog has arrived in all it's glory. I can only imagine what Pizzaman must be experiencing in Shanghai. It must be 10 times more festive than it is here. We did the house cleaning on Saturday and finished before nightfall. The King and I then took her parents out to dinner for New Year's eve. Everyone had to wash their hair on that day because you do not wash your hair on New Year's day in fear you will wash away any good fortune. You also are not allowed to do any work on New Year's Day. I'm cool with that one. We then went o DimSum on New Year's Day with the rest of the Asian community here. Everyone wearing their new clothes and wearing red. It wasn't to hard for me to find something red to wear. The kids then went to visit all of their grandparents so that they could get their Red Envelopes, which are filled with crisp new bills. The King and I went out for dinner while the kids were counting their money and I just had to go get a steak, I had plenty of Chinese food for a few days. Tonight we will have the traditional New Year's meal that has one of my favorites.....Not! It's a black seaweed that looks and taste just like hair. Can't wait for that! That's it for know from here. Gung Hei Fat Choi!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment