A couple of weekends ago, the King and I headed up to Lodi Lake for the "ZinFest" There were about 50 wineries there that were pouring over 200 wines. Lodi is a little more east of Napa and they primarily produce Zinfandel wine because of the higher than normal temps there, which the Zin grapes like. We drove up on Saturday morning, stopping at a nice Cafe to have breakfast. Needed a little something in the belly before we started partaking in the wines. Once we arrived we started hitting all the wineries with only knowledge of a few of them. There was a lot of really good wines I had never heard of but will now keep them on my list. It was very warm there with the King not happy about the fact she was perspiring. After a few hours of tasting and listening to some really good music from this kid who was playing, we hit the Sales Tent on the way out. I had been marking down the ones I liked and then had to whittle it down to a manageable number. We then went to a winery near by that I already knew about and really like. Picked up another half dozen bottles there as well. I will need to build me a wine cellar downstairs as I am running out of room to keep my wine.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Is that our next project?
Post a Comment