Last weekend I went up to the Dry Creek - Alexander Valley part of the wine country. I went with Truman, the King's brother and 26 of his friends. We met at a friends house up in Windsor and from there hopped onto a party bus that drove us around to the different wineries. This event is held each year. You go to the different wineries and they are pulling wine from barrels to let you taste. Most of them have been in the barrel for about 6 months. You get to taste how it is at this point. A lot of them sell futures on the wine at a discounted price. Meaning, you buy the wine and in 12-18 months whenever they bottle it, they will send it to you. All of the places were serving food as well as the food we had on the bus. It was really a lot of fun to go on the bus with people who share your same interest. The bus pulls up, you get off, go drink wine and then get back on the bus. Look forward to doing it next time as well.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds like a great time. I was wondering why you were going over Golden Gate Bridge to go to wine country when I read it on Facebook.
Post a Comment