We went down to Palm Springs recently to see our very good friends Bruce and Sandy. It took us 6 1/2 hours to get there and once we did it was a little warm. I'm not sure if I have ever heard the sounds coming from the King as she got out of the car and it was 108 degrees. From what I was told, it's been a very mild summer down there. We went into town for lunch at a Mexican Restaurant which was still open. A lot of the businesses in Palm Springs close in the summer. It's more of a winter town. All along the sidewalks they have misters to keep you cooled off. Later that night we went to a really nice Bar B Que place called "Babes" which was really good. We joined the guys for breakfast the next morning before heading off to Long Beach. They are wanting us to come back in the winter when there is snow on the mountains and only 75 degrees. I'm sure we will need to try that to get the full effect.
Monday, August 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Is that Bruce and Sandy's pool in the picture?
Post a Comment