Friday, September 21, 2007

Week of Caring

Last week was the Week of Caring that Chevron does annually with the United Way. Over 2800 people within Chevron here in the Bay Area volunteer to help out at a non profit organization for a day during this week. Last year I worked at Habitat For Humanity putting a roof on a house in Livermore. This year I worked at the Markham Arboretum Nature Park. I worked there a few years ago planting an area with plants native to South America. This year I worked on building some paths throughout an area. Mom knows how much fun it is to dig through some of this dirt. Again it was very hard work, but it was nice to get out of the office and do something for groups that can not always afford to have it done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope it wasn't as hard as the dirt in your backyard. If it is, they won't need any cement to make walkways, just dirt.