Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Stockholder's Meeting

Today was Chevron's Annual Stockholder's meeting in San Ramon. I was asked to volunteer and help out at the event, which I agreed to do. They didn't tell me when I volunteered that I would have to wear a suit. But thankfully with the weight I have lost, I must admit it actually fit me pretty good. I was assigned to the Security part of it which required me to search everyone's bags and to confiscate any electronic devices that they might have. It was actually pretty interesting and all of the people were pretty easy going about it. A few didn't like having to leave their phones with us, but these were the same people that missed the 10 signs leading from the parking lot saying they were not allowed. I most enjoyed the more mature ladies asking me when the gas prices were going to come down. They said they had gotten no answers from the Board of Directors so I told them that they were going down tomorrow. All in all it was a pretty interesting day and will certainly help out again next year if asked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I better fill up tomorrow then.