Well we had our garage sale this past weekend and got rid of some stuff. Not nearly as much as I would have liked but a very good start. I will give the rest to Goodwill and haul of the rest to the dump. We cleared around $700 for the 2 days. The King & Crysta made very good sales ladies, as they worked the crowd. I remember what Jeanne said about the people. We did have a few strange folks come by. There was the guy who had to have everything shown to him about how it works. We wanted him to leave, but the King just kept showing him stuff. Then there was the lady who was a little confused. She would come by and by some of the kids Pokemon cards. Just grab some and random, pay and then leave. An hour later she would be back after changing her clothes and get some more. She came back a few more times, each time in different clothes where she started buying golf balls a few at a time. Somewhere she is sitting with some really bad Pokemon cards and about 5 golf balls. It was also a really great way to meet the neighbors who came by. You always see them and wave, but now we actually know their names and their kids. I gave all of my old clothes to our day janitor at the office. She takes them and gives them to the people in Mexico. Next time I'm in Mexico I will probably recognize everyone or at least their clothes. I 'm getting closer to my dream of a house without unneeded things!!!
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment